Prerequisite: All first-time designation course attendees must complete the online course ‘Fundamentals of the Auction Business’ before attending. The course along with all the information necessary is available here: www.NAAeducation.org
About: The National Auctioneers Association created the Certified Estate Specialist (CES) professional designation to provide Auctioneers with custom education in conducting personal property estate auctions. Auctioneers are called upon by families and attorneys to aid in the auctioning of an estate during times of down-sizing, death, and/or divorce. The CES program provides Auctioneers with the professional and legal training to assist their clients with all their estate liquidation needs including working with family members and dealing with lawyers, executors, and accountants.
Requirements: The 21 hours of classroom training includes the following topics:
- Legal and financial aspects of liquidating an estate
- Working with estate professionals (trustees, tax attorneys, financial planners, etc.), executors, and family members during times of transition
- Marketing to estate planning professionals to grow your business
- Roles and responsibilities of the auctioneer
- Understanding the relationships of parties involved in the estate
- Helping families in transition use the auction method of marketing for the liquidation of estates
- The social and emotional aspects of working with auction clients at a time of loss
In order to be designated with the CES, students are required to complete 21 classroom hours.
Maintaining:To maintain the CES designation you must complete 24 hours of continuing education every three years, and pay an annual designation fee.
Schedule: All classes run from 8am – 5pm each day they are scheduled.
Course Materials: The course materials for CES will be provided to you through a download. Information will be sent to you the week before CES to download the course materials. You will need to bring with you to class a lap top computer equipped with:
- Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- A USB port
- The ability to open and view a 25 MB file
Hotel: Click here.
For airfare reservations, contact NAA Travel at (877) 363-9378.
|Register by May 29, 2013||$545||$895|
|Register by July 11, 2013||$645||$995|