- NAA’s trade show will close today, Friday, July 12 at 10:30 a.m. You can still access the education, which will occur this afternoon in the same Salon rooms as listed on the schedule except for those specific sessions that are cancelled. Check the app for more details.
- The President’s Luncheon will be held as scheduled.
- The Volunteer Leadership Reception has been cancelled.
- The IAC will continue but due to the number of people who have cancelled from the IAC, it is likely to finish early.
- We will have the IAC dinner beginning from 5 to 6 and no tickets will be required. President Trump’s tie will be sold at 6 p.m. earlier than originally scheduled due to weather conditions.
- On Saturday, July 13, the IAC breakfast will be held but the Children’s Auction has been cancelled. USPAP will continue. Watch the app for other education session updates.
Please continue to check the app for the latest updates!
CONCERNING THE WEATHER:
A statement from NAA President Tim Mast regarding the weather in New Orleans:
You have obviously heard about weather issues that may be forming. NAA staff is closely monitoring the situation with city and hotel officials. While we have no definitive word, here’s what we do know.
Whenever anyone thinks of New Orleans, they think of Katrina. But right now this is not even a tropical storm and even with a hurricane like Katrina, this area that we are in did not flood.
The worst prediction that we have seen in the media is a Category 1 and the hotel has confirmed that the city of New Orleans will not issue an evacuation order until the Hurricane becomes a Category 3. But remember this isn’t even a tropical storm yet. We should know more tonight and we will update you in the annual business meeting tomorrow.
Having said this, it is important that you do whatever makes YOU feel comfortable.
The good news is that all of our functions are inside and onsite and this is a very sound structure. So we will continue business as usual.
Tim Mast, CAI, AARE
Click here to sign up for NOLA Ready to receive real-time updates and alerts moving forward.
Additional weather update information including links to airport and ground transportation changes can be found here