Governed by a board of Trustees, the Education Institute is tasked with
ensuring the viability and quality of NAA’s educational programs,
including: online education; freestanding educational summits; sessions
at the NAA’s annual Conference and Show; as well as through the
“A designation shows that not only are auctioneers committed to their
specialty, but they are also committed to keeping up with the profession
and furthering their education,” said Aaron Ensminger, NAA Director of
Education. “A client will know that an auction professional who holds a
designation knows how to run an auction, yes, but also that the
professional they’ve chosen is informed of the latest trends and
technologies available to them.”
Current NAA designations include: Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate
(AARE); Auction Marketing & Management (AMM); Benefit Auctioneer
Specialist (BAS); Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI); Certified
Estate Specialist (CES); Graduate Personal Property Appraiser; and,
Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
At auctioneers.org, buyers and sellers can search for NAA members by
designation. A gold button at the top of the page labeled “Find an NAA
Auction Professional” opens the way to locating the NAA professional who
best fits your need locally, regionally or even nationally.
Start your search at auctioneers.org/find-auctioneer
NAA Designations & Definitions
- Accredited Auction of Real Estate (AARE): Created to provide
auctioneers with education and advanced training in the selling of real
estate at auction.
- Auction Marketing and Management (AMM): Provides training in today’s
tech and marketing strategies, as well as instruction on how to use tech
to improve your business.
- Benefit Auctioneer Specialist (BAS): Helps auctioneers learn to plan
and conduct benefit auction and establish a successful and profitable
benefit auction business.
- Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI): A three-year course of study
that focuses on developing the skills required to operate a successful
auction firm and business.
- Certified Estate Specialist (CES): Provides auctioneers with custom education in conduction personal property estate auctions.
- Graduate Personal Property Appraiser (GPPA): Enhances appraisal skills
and knowledge, teaching students the responsibilities of being an
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP): A
government designation that creates standards for professional appraisal