At some point in your professional life, you’ll need help from employees or outside contractors. Hired help can be your greatest asset or your most dangerous liability, even if they’re family. This class will walk you through how to prevent costly mistakes and get the employee relationship and process right to increase revenue, morale, and so much more. You will learn tips and techniques to create and be part of an effective, productive, and fun team.
Upon completing this class, you will be able to:
- Identify the pros and cons of independent contractors versus employees
- Determine when to begin the hiring process and steps to make an appropriate decision
- Utilize a job description and conduct an effective and compliant interview
- Identify when to terminate an employee and how to avoid wrongful termination litigation
- Implement ways to correct and modify employee behavior with a positive impact