CES (Certified Estate Specialist)
WHAT is CES? This designation is NAA’s most recently revised designation. The CES designation is designed to prepare designees to run a successful Estate Specialist business. Attendees learn marketing, intensive people skills (as they often deal with families in crisis), advanced networking skills, and auction methods.
One of the standout elements of this designation is its attention to nonauction methods of liquidating personal property. The designation discusses tag sales, donations and other ways of selling/liquidating, whether on your own or through a network of other professionals.
HOW can you get the Designation?
- Register for the CES class.
- Before the class starts, you’ll receive a link to the prerequisite course and exam. Before you come to class, you must pass the exam. (unless you hold another NAA designation)
- Attend all three days of the designation class.
- After the class, to obtain the designation, submit an auction summary report, with required elements discussed in class.
- All requirements must be completed within two years of taking the CES course.
WHO teaches CES?
- Joe Gribbins, BAS, CES
- David Whitley, CAI, CES