Education - Professional Auctioneer Designations
Certified Estate Specialist (CES)
The National Auctioneers Association created the Certified Estate Specialist (CES) professional designation to provide Auctioneers with custom education in conducting estate auctions. Auctioneers are called upon by families and attorneys to aid in the auctioning of an estate. The CES program provides Auctioneers with the professional and legal training to assist their clients with all their estate liquidation needs.
To attain the CES designation, candidates must complete 21 hours of classroom training including training in the following areas:
- Legal and financial aspects of liquidating an estate
- Working with estate professionals (trustees, tax attorneys, financial planners, etc.)
- Marketing to estate planning professionals
- Roles and responsibilities of the auctioneer
- Understanding the relationships of parties involved in the estate
- Marketing your auction firm to grow your estate auction business
Auctioneers must complete 24 hours of continuing education every three years and pay an annual designation fee to maintain their CES designation.
Cost: CES - $495
Contact the NAA Education Department at (913) 541-8084 or email